Saturday, June 22, 2013

Wasted Saturday

It is a beautiful day here in the northeast.  A "10" and certainly one of the best days of the year.  Warm, sunny and low humidity.  The problem is, I am sick and can't enjoy this gorgeous day at all.  I'm moving slowly between the couch and the bed.  Dozing between innings of the baseball game.  Trying to get comfortable.  Hoping I can stay awake long enough tonight to watch the hockey game.  I hate being sick on the weekends.  During the week at least you get a day off from work.  On the weekends you lose a day of 'your' time.  The only up side is I've lost my appetite.  That is generally considered a positive.  I wish scientists could figure out how to make a synthetic appetite suppression pill that works on your system like when you're sick.  That would be a major medical breakthrough.  Take this pill, lose your appetite, lose weight.  Brilliant!  

No comments:

Post a Comment