Monday, June 3, 2013

Rules to Live By

I only have a few simple rules to live by.  I thought I'd share them with you.  If you have any of your own I'd enjoy hearing them.


  1. Never say anything behind a person's back that you wouldn't say to their face
  2. It is easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission
  3. Bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
Now those are three fairly simple rules.

I'm not 100% there yet in rule #1.  I try really hard to live by it but sometimes I am weak.  I need to keep working on that one.  #2 is a gem.  Once you ask the boss and he says NO, you are bound to respect the NO, or you may be looking for a new job.  However, if you don't ask and the boss never says NO, well, then you can go ahead and always apologize and swear never to do it again.  It is genius.  And for a problem solver it is a way of life.  #3 is nothing more than survival instincts.  I mean come on man!  Just because you can't make up your mind, get things moving, or are just plan lazy, then don't dump on me and ask me to perform a miracle for you.   It isn't fair and I'm not going to do it.....unless properly compensated.  :)

Than is all for tonight.  The Bruins, Yankees and the NBA are on tonight.  Got to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment